Whole30 InstantPot Winter Curry
This Whole30 InstantPot curry is as easy as it is delicious. I love a good curry and I’ve made a few already. One with green curry paste and another with salmon as the main event. This one features chicken as the protein but is amped up to comfort food with the addition of hearty winter veggies including sweet potato, carrots, and dino kale. The yellow curry powder used is very mild. And I love the little bit of texture that the kale adds. This is a totally Whole30 dish if you serve with cauliflower rice. But you can also serve over regular rice if you’re feeling it. You can quickly throw this in the InstantPot when you get home from work and it’ll be done in no time with enough to feed your family and then some left over for a warm lunch tomorrow. Enjoy!
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
2 chicken breasts, 1/2″ chunks
2 large carrots, sliced 1/2″ chunks
2 medium sweet potatoes, sliced 1/2″ chunks
1 bunch lacinto (dino) kale, chiffonade
1 yellow onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 TBS curry powder
1/4 TSP ginger powder
1 can full fat coconut milk
1 TBS EVOO
1 bag frozen cauliflower rice
1/2 bunch cilantro leaves, chopped
1 handful cashews, crushed
- On Instant Pot, press saute button. Add EVOO, and once hot, add onion and garlic. Saute until softened, 3-5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, curry powder, and ginger powder. Stir to combine.
- Add chicken, sweet potatoes, and carrots and stir to coat.
- Secure lid and make sure nozzle is set to Sealing.
- Press manual button and make sure it’s on high pressure. Then set to 8 minutes.
- Once done cooking, quick release.
- Stir in kale until just wilted.
- In pan over medium heat, cook cauliflower rice according to package instructions. Once cooked, stir in cilantro leaves. Season with S&P to taste.
- Serve curry over cauliflower rice and top with crushed cashews. Enjoy!
other recipe features
Find the perfect Christmas Tree this Holiday Season and make memories that last a lifetime!
Community Baby Show helping over 30,000 families scheduled for November 21, 2021
My Green Mattress: Big Black Friday Savings and Even Bigger Health Benefits!