Heinen’s Weekly Deal Meal – Spinach Lasagna
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Serves: 6-8
Sometimes you just need some good old fashioned comfort food. And when it comes to comfort food, nothing beats a good old family recipe. This spinach lasagna is a take on my mom’s lasagna, passed down to her from my grandma. It’s quick, easy, and oh so satisfying and I even snuck in some greens for an extra dose of veggies. ‘Building’ the layers of the lasagna would be super fun to do with your kiddos. Make a double batch to freeze for a busy day. Enjoy!
Spinach Lasagna Ingredients:
2TSP olive oil
1 32oz Little Italy Pasta Sauce*
1 lb Italian sausage, hot or mild, casings removed*
9 lasagna noodles*
1 16oz cottage cheese*
1 16oz bag shredded mozzarella cheese*
1-2 bags spinach (your preference), rough chopped*
S&P to taste
*ingredients on sale at Heinen’s 10/17/18-10/23/18
Spinach Lasagna Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large pot, bring salted water to a boil and cook lasagna noodles until al dente. Cook a few extra noodles just in case some tear.
- In large pan, heat olive on medium heat until shimmering. Add in Italian sausage and cook until browned.
- While sausage cooks, rough chop spinach.
- Add spinach to cooked sausage and cook 2-3 minutes more until wilted.
- Pour pasta sauce over top and heat through. Season to taste with S&P.
- Once noodles have cooled a bit, place 3 noodles side by side in a 9X12 baking dish.
- Spread 1/3 of meat mixture over top of the noodles. Then, spread 1/3 of cottage cheese over meat mixture. Finally, sprinkle 1/3 of mozzarella cheese on top of the cottage cheese. Repeat this 2 more times so you will have three layers total.
- Put in oven and bake for about 30 minutes until heated through and cheese is golden on top.
Cleveland East Side Moms Recipe Archive
Get into the Holiday Spirit with The Cleveland Botanical Garden’s A Garden Holiday now open!
Find the perfect Christmas Tree this Holiday Season and make memories that last a lifetime!
Community Baby Show helping over 30,000 families scheduled for November 21, 2021
My Green Mattress: Big Black Friday Savings and Even Bigger Health Benefits!
Shop local this holiday season with our fabulous Cleveland Holiday Gift Guide!
[social_warfare]My kids love watching the Food Network. In fact, we watch as a family, it's one of our favorite things to stream together!! Their favorite shows are Chopped and Cutthroat Kitchen. My husband and I find it hysterical that they love these shows...
[social_warfare]If you are looking for more trick or treat fun than just October 31st, look no further! We have you covered! Below are local businesses and communities offering trick or treating and Fall fun throughout the month of October. Please make sure...
Use code LOCALMOMS for 20% off your first purchase!
Make the most of Halloween with these great events on Cleveland’s East Side! You will not want to miss all the fun!
Young Chefs Academy in Solon is the place to be for kids and families!! Learn new techniques, cuisine, skills and culinary creativity with classes designed specifically for kids!!