Instant Pot Chicken Coconut Curry (Whole30)
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Serves: 3-4
It seems that fall weather is finally upon us, so the Instant Pot is coming out of its summer hibernation. If you don’t have one, you need one – for quick meal prep things, soups, chilis, broths – all. winter. long. And this quick Instant Pot Chicken Coconut Curry, of course. This curry is very mild and would be a great way to introduce some new flavors from far off places to your little one while still staying close to home. You can totally double down on fall and make this with butternut squash or pumpkin too. It’s a snap to pull together and the magic of the Instant Pot does the rest – enjoy!
Instant Pot Chicken Coconut Curry – Ingredients:
2TSP coconut oil*
1TBS green curry paste (or 2TBS if you’re feelin’ it)
½ yellow onion, small dice
½ Gala apple, small dice*
1-1.5 lbs chicken breasts, whole
3 medium red potatoes peeled, ½” cube*
1 large bulk carrot peeled, ½” cube
¼ scant TSP ground ginger OR 1 scant TBS fresh ginger, grated
1-14.5oz can unsweetened full fat coconut milk* (check the ingredients for Whole30 compliance)
Handful of raw cashews or peanuts, crushed, for serving* (optional)
Lime wedges, for serving (optional)
Rice for serving*
*all on sale at Heinen’s 10/10-10/16
Instant Pot Chicken Coconut Curry – Directions:
- Select Saute function for Instant Pot and melt coconut oil. Once melted, add onion & apple. Saute until onion & apple soften, about 3-5 minutes. Add curry paste and stir to awaken aromatics, about 1 more minute.
- Add coconut milk and ginger; stir to combine. Add chicken breasts (whole), potatoes, and carrots. Submerge as best you can in coconut milk. Season with S&P. Close lid. Select Manual, High Pressure, for 10 minutes.
- While curry cooks, prepare rice.
- After 10 minutes, select Cancel and quick release (move from ‘sealing’ to ‘venting’ – careful not to get burned by the steam!)
- Remove chicken to a separate plate and shred
- Add chicken back in, stir, and adjust for seasoning
- Serve over rice and garnish with crushed nuts and a squeeze of lime
Get into the Holiday Spirit with The Cleveland Botanical Garden’s A Garden Holiday now open!
Find the perfect Christmas Tree this Holiday Season and make memories that last a lifetime!
Community Baby Show helping over 30,000 families scheduled for November 21, 2021