Whole30 Greek Salmon Salad
This Greek inspired salmon salad with roasted cauliflower & potatoes and marinated cucumber is part comfort food and part refreshing. Inspired by this side dish, I used this recipe as the base and then really transformed it into a dish that could stand on its own. The lemony oregano touched roasted cauliflower and potatoes along with the roasted salmon give it so much body while the cucumbers add some nice raw crunch. Topped off with dairy free tzatziki made with Lavva coconut yogurt (which is the best coconut yogurt I’ve tried BTW) and a briny kalamata olive tapenade, it’ll leave your tastebuds dancing. The cauliflower & potatoes do take a minute to cook (read: 1.5-2 hours), but the prep is super easy and you can quickly make the two condiments and salmon (make before or after the potatoes in the oven) in the downtime, then kick your feet up and relax – err, chase your kids around. So without further ado, let’s get to it!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
1lb salmon filet
EVOO to coat
- Preheat oven to 425.
- On line baking sheet, drizzle salmon with EVOO and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Put in oven for 15 minutes or until internal temperature reads 145.
For roasted veggies:
1 lb yellow potatoes, sliced into 1/2″ half moons
1 head cauliflower broken into florets
1.5 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
juice from 1 lemon
1/4 cup EVOO
1/4 cup of chicken stock or water
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Add all ingredients to a 9×13 baking dish and stir to combine.
- Cook 1.5-2 hours stirring every 30 minutes until potatoes and cauliflower is tender and potatoes have a little chew to them.
3 cloves garlic
1 cup pitted kalamata olives
2 TBS capers
3 TBS parsley
Juice of 1 lemon
2 TBS EVOO
S&P to taste
- Add garlic cloves to food processor and pulse.
- Add in all other ingredients (besides S&P) and pulse 5-6 times. The mixture should still have some texture to it.
- Add S&P to your taste.
For dairy free tzatziki:
Lavva plain coconut yogurt
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 English cucumber, deseeded, super small dice
1 TBS mint, dill, & parsley, minced
Zest of one lemon
- Combine yogurt, garlic, cucumber, dill, mint, parsley, and lemon zest in small bowl and stir to combine.
For marinated cucumbers:
1/2 cucumber, sliced thin
EVOO to coat
S&P to taste
- Slice cucumbers thin on a mandolin and toss to coat in EVOO & S&P.
Arrange cucumbers on a plate and add salmon over top. Add a heaping spoonful of cauliflower and potatoes and top generously with tzatziki, tapenade and garnish with parsley & dill. Dig in!
other recipe features
Find the perfect Christmas Tree this Holiday Season and make memories that last a lifetime!
Community Baby Show helping over 30,000 families scheduled for November 21, 2021
My Green Mattress: Big Black Friday Savings and Even Bigger Health Benefits!