Easy Whole30 Chicken Soup
This Whole30 chicken soup recipe is a warm winter staple. It’s easy to make since you’ll be taking advantage of a ready to cook rotisserie chicken. And it’s one of those recipes that keeps on giving. Not only does it make a pot big enough for the whole family, there will be enough leftover chicken from the rotisserie for another meal. And if you’re into making your own stock for next time, save & freeze those bones! Then, the next time you’re feeling like some warm, comforting soup you can make your own stock. Also, if you get into the habit of putting all your vegetable scraps (celery tops, carrot & onion ends, etc.) in a freezer bag you’ll have everything you need to just throw a chicken stock together without going to the grocery store. This is a great way to stretch your dollar a little further and reduce waste. So basically chicken soup is a winner all around. Great for your wallet and your health!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes + chicken cook time
3- 1QT containers of organic chicken stock*
1 Perdue Oven Read Roaster*
1/2 Savoy cabbage (love that Heinen’s sells them cut in half so you don’t need to figure out what to do with a whole cabbage)
1 bunch dino kale
2 loose carrots
1 – 12oz container white whole white mushrooms*
Seasonings (this can really be whatever you prefer, here is how I seasoned my chicken soup):
S&P to taste
1/2 TSP turmeric
1/2 TSP Red Boat fish sauce
1/2 TSP apple cider vinegar
several shakes of Bragg Organic Sprinkle 24 Herbs & Spices Seasoning
*ingredients on sale at Heinen’s week of 11/14/18-11/20/18
- Cook chicken according to package instructions. It may be wise to do this the day before or a few hours before dinner so you can throw the chicken soup together quickly.
- Prepare all ingredients. Rough chop savoy cabbage and kale; wipe away any excess dirt on mushrooms with damp towel, trim stems and slice thin; use y-peeler to thinly peel both carrots so you get noodle-like strips.
- Once chicken is cooked, remove all meat from bones. Set aside half of the pulled meat for chicken soup and use other half for whatever you’d like or freeze for later.
- Heat up 3 quarts of chicken stock over medium heat in 5QT Dutch Oven or soup pot.
- Add all ingredients. Bring to simmer. Cover and turn heat to medium low for 25 minutes or until veggies have softened. Adjust seasoning to taste. Serve with fresh cracked black pepper.
other recipe features
Find the perfect Christmas Tree this Holiday Season and make memories that last a lifetime!
Community Baby Show helping over 30,000 families scheduled for November 21, 2021
My Green Mattress: Big Black Friday Savings and Even Bigger Health Benefits!