The Cleveland Moms Give Back Campaign
Cleveland Moms Give Back!
Cleveland East Side Moms and Cleveland West Side Moms have teamed up to bring together a city divided! Together, we launched Cleveland Moms Give Back, a campaign to drive awareness to local non-profits that benefit our community. The goal of the campaign is to help local non-profits gain exposure, and we use our platforms to do it! What better way to spread awareness than a local network of moms? However, we need your help to make this a success!
1) YOU GUYS will help us get a running list of local non-profits to feature. Here’s how to submit a non-profit for consideration:
- PREFERRED METHOD – Leave a comment on any of our social media accounts!
- Facebook – Comment on a post about Cleveland Moms Give Back OR post a comment to the page yourself! Make sure you tag the page of the non-profit and include the hashtag #clevelandmomsgiveback
- Instagram – Comment on any post or story about the Cleveland Moms Give Back campaign. Make sure you tag the Instagram handle for the non-profit directly in the comment with the hashtag #clevelandmomsgiveback
- SECONDARY METHOD – Submit them directly via a DM or through our contact us form. Please note that if you use this method, we will comment on our own social media posts with your submissions to gain social insight.
2) To be featured, you MUST be an Ohio-based non-profit organization with a heavy preference for those focused on Cleveland and surrounding areas. Cleveland offices of larger non-profits will also be considered as long as the mission statement of the charity directly impacts our local community.
3) The weekly exposure will include a blog post with a call to action on both clevelandeastsidemoms.com and clevelandwestsidemoms.com (coming late fall/winter 2018). Our plan is to feature the same non-profit on both sites (unless it doesn’t make sense to do that – exceptions can happen).
4) We will promote the post with social media on all of our Facebook and Instagram channels, and the Facebook posts will include donate links.
5) On Thursday morning of the campaign week, we will post a poll in our Instagram stories of the 4 top contenders for the next feature post based on social submissions. The one that gets the most votes will get the feature on the following Thursday. Only the votes through Instagram Stories count towards the feature! If no one votes, we will pick our favorite (but PLEASE vote!). We aim to do this at least once a month, preferably twice. The frequency will depend on engagement – if this proves unpopular or we don’t get a lot of feedback, we’ll do it monthly.
6) The contest resets after every winner. New nominations will be collected each time we run the contest for the stories feature and vote on Thursdays. You must be nominated separately for each week to be considered!
7) A non-profit can only win a feature once every 6 months.
Cleveland Moms Give Back is Social!
We designed the Cleveland Moms Give Back campaign to be social in nature. We’re relying on social media to help us spread awareness. We want everyone to see your submissions and like/comment on them them if they agree! The amount of social interaction helps us figure out what the most popular submissions are and which non-profits to feature in our stories.
This initiative is for all of Cleveland, not just for moms, but we all know it’s the moms that get the word out! We are counting on all of you to help drive this initiative. It will be your submissions & your interactions that decide who is featured with the Cleveland Moms Give Back Campaign & we’ll keep it going as long as you keep interacting! As our audience and readership grows, we hope to expand this to include partnership opportunities with sponsors (think sponsored classes, book drives, food drives, and fundraising events where a portion of ticket sales goes to the non-profit), and even obligatory minimum donations (from us at TLMN as well as fundraising goals). We’re not there yet, but either way, we think this is a great place to start. Please help us make a difference – and don’t forget the #clevelandmomsgiveback hashtag!